Monday, June 22, 2009

An Experiment in Superhero Character Design

So... it has been awhile since I've drawn anything superhero-y here. I know, I miss it too. So, as a serious challenge to myself (and since my last audience participation challenge went tits up real early) I've decided to do something crazy.

This morning while randomly websurfing I ran across this absurd thing: LEE'S (USELESS) SUPER-HERO GENERATOR

It is both idiotic and brilliant.

My goal is to randomly generate 5 heroes to make up a team that I will then illustration in a cover pin-up groupshot as if they were an actual property. I will take the first team of five I generate. No substitutions or cheats. Regardless of the outcome from Lee's Useless Super-hero Generator I will draw them.

Let's begin...

Randomly generating...

Okay... well. The challenge has begun.

I urge you to try out Lee's (Useless) Super-hero Generator yourself. Feel free to post your results in the comments.

Check back later this week to see the results.


frinklin said...

This might be the coolest thing I've ever seen. I messed around with it and came up with the The "Philosophical Professor Knight" which I would totally buy.

I could also be persuaded to get the Courageous Femme Bug as well.

NineInchNachos said...

I would like to see your five do battle with ham thrower.

Morgan said...

My Faves:
- The annoying Bored Rage
- The unethical Sand Sailor
- The idiotic Insect Menace
- The irritating Future Pirate

wendy said...

this is what I got, could be a cool concept:
Fire Fighter
Power(s): Super breath, Mind-numbing beauty/ugliness, Growth
Transportation: Thunderwing